Our definition of a technology/innovation client is a business that is developing or commercializing an innovative product, solution or service by engineering intellectual property (IP). They have a large enough addressable market and a scalable business model. They also strive to learn through coaching and mentoring.
What We Do:
- Commercialization: Consult on strategies to commercialize technologies (using Biz Model Canvas processes); assess addressable market and scalability; business model and feasibility; risk analysis; trend analysis; action plans
- Intellectual Property (IP): Consult on IP strategies (integrated into Biz Model Canvas); provide referrals to IP attorneys; guidance on preliminary trademark and patent searches.
- Research & Development (R&D) Funding: Consult on R&D funding opportunities, application process, & management of grants post-award (i.e. SBIR and STTR grants).
- Alternative Financing: Consult on development and preparation for funding presentations, due diligence, and partnership negotiations; facilitate deal flow and strategies with angel/private equity networks or other funding sources; explore innovative approaches to obtain capital/funding.
- Marketing: Use Customer Discovery process to aid in determining viability in market(s); developing marketing strategies; aid in market sizing, market analysis, go-to-market strategies, channel strategies
- Networking & Resources: Help to find, build and leverage resources. Provide referrals, introductions and networking strategies; make connections to tech & bus’n related resources. Advocacy to key resources.
- Product Development: Recommendations on development strategy, prototyping strategy; make connections to prototyping facilities and resources for testing and technical feasibility.
- Leadership Development: Help develop purpose and vision. Coaching to develop skills to inspire the team to execute bus’n plan and strategies.
- Building the Team: Identify critical & complementary skills for business, and aid in developing plan to build out team. Coaching on creating team effectiveness and cohesion.
- Executive Resource: Past executive experience serves to provide executive levels insights and recommendations.
- Export Strategies: Explore export market potential; IP protection. Identify export barriers and resources to penetrate foreign markets; transactional and currency conversion; online commerce; cultural awareness
( download a larger version here )
For the technology/innovation info-graphic, click here.
The SBIR/STTR program provides grant funding for small business to pursue research and development. To find out more about those programs please click on the links below.
Program Overview – click here for the PDF.
Funding Your Tech Innovation Through SBIR/STTR – click here for the PDF.
Phase Zero Incentive Program – click here for the PDF.